Our blood bank is running low, especially Platelet Concentration!
We urgently need blood donors helping us to replenish our blood bank to meet patients’ needs. All blood types are needed. B is also welcome.
Please feel free to drop by to our lab at office hour for blood donation.
Before donating blood, donor should:
- Eat a healthy meal before your donation. Avoid fatty foods
- Get a good night's sleep.
- Maintain a healthy iron level in your diet by eating iron rich foods, such as spinach, red meat, fish, poultry, beans, iron-fortified cereals and raisins.
- Drink an extra 16 oz. of water and fluids before the donation.
a. Walk-in to Blood Bank.
b. Some information to be filled up.
2) Physical check and health history
a. You will be asked some questions during a private and confidential interview about your
health history and places you have traveled.
b. We will check your blood pressure and hemoglobin level present in a sample of blood.
3) Donation process
a. We will cleanse an area on your arm and insert a brand new sterile needle for the blood draw.
This feels like a quick pinch and is over in seconds.
b. The actual donation takes about 8-10 minutes.
c. When approximately a pint of blood has been collected, the donation is complete and lab staff
will place a bandage on your arm.
a. After donating, you will be given snacks and something to drink and continue with your
normal daily activities.
Blood Donors = Life savers
Further info, please contact Mr Chee Leng San (Business Development Executive)
Loh Guan Lye SPECIALISTS CENTRE (15761-M)
Tel : 04-238 8888 ext 8006
Please visit us at <www.lohguanlye.com>