CRITERIA for Screening:
• Age Group: 50 - 75 years old
• Asymptomatic (pre-clinical state)
• No family history
• Health Clinics & Community (integrated / opportunistic screening)
• Willingness to proceed with colonoscopy or further intervention
High-risk Group (with symptoms/family history) will be referred directly to Hospital for further assessment and management.
POPULATION AT RISK:
• Personal history of either polyps or colorectal cancer
• Family history of either polyps or colorectal cancer
• Personal history of inflammatory bowel disease
• Family history of cancer such as breast, uterine & ovarian.
• Asymptomatic individual aged over 40 years
• Asymptomatic individuals aged less than 40 years and other than those listed above.
List of government health clinics in Penang: