The World Cancer Research Fund/American Institute for Cancer Research (WCRF/AICR) recommendations for Cancer Prevention include:
- Be as lean as possible without becoming underweight
- Be physically active for at least 30 minutes every day
- Avoid sugary drinks. Limit consumption of energy-dense foods (particularly processed foods high in added sugar, or low in fibre, or high in fat)
- Eat more of a variety of vegetables, fruits, wholegrains, and pulses such as beans
- Limit consumption of red meats (such as beef, pork and lamb) and avoid processed meats
- If consumed at all, limit alcoholic drinks to 2 for men and 1 for women a day
- Limit consumption of salty foods and foods processed with salt (sodium)
- Don’t use supplements to protect against cancer
- It is best for mothers to breastfeed exclusively for up to 6 months and then add other liquids and foods.
Source: UICC WCD.
Click here for more info.