Friday, February 19, 2021

GIM Palliative Radiotherapy Fund

IM Palliative Radiotherapy Fund

A one-time financial assistance scheme to alleviate the financial burden of patients for palliative radiotherapy. Palliative Radiotherapy is intended to control cancer-related pain and other symptoms and to help patients maintain a good quality of life when long-term cancer control is not possible.

“GIM Palliative Radiotherapy Fund, as a tribute to my beloved mother, the late Datin Loh Gim Ean. My mother was diagnosed with advanced colon cancer in her mid-40s. She went through multiple operations, chemotherapy and radiotherapy before finally succumbing to it at age of 50 in 1996. My family and I bore witness to the pain and suffering that she had endured as we journeyed with her throughout her battle with cancer till the end. I remembered what my mother went through in her last days. Thus, I believe this fund and its purpose will mean a lot to many cancer patients out there.” Dr Tan Hui Ling, Managing Director.

More Info: 04-371 0122